Knowing about plastics processing, you would know that the procedure begins with resin pellets. Since there are a variety of plastic resins available in the market, it is important to realize the difference in characteristics.
For a quality control manager, even slight amounts of moisture in the hygroscopic resins can be problematic and result in quality compliance issues.
This is where Yushine’s Resin Dryers come into play with their efficient dryers that ensure there are no traces of any moisture in the plastic resins. Due to the varying types of plastic resins, the selection of a suitable dryer can only be accurate when you’re sure of the type of resin you want to dry. After the identification of the type of the resin, the different types of resin dryers at Yushine will provide you with detailed options for choosing an efficient dryer based on the size of your resin pellets.
Yushine’s Resin Dryers are renowned for their advanced capabilities of ensuring the plastic resin gets dried completely. Maintaining good quality for the dehumidifiers in the plastics processing industry is extremely important for renowned companies to make sure their market dominance and market presence are not hurt and only appreciate in value. This is why Yushine makes sure that its resin dryers are ideal for plastic processing.
The method of continuously dispersing hot air throughout the machinery provides a unique yet efficient working mechanism to the workers. Moreover, with the energy-saving injection molding machines that have become insanely popular in the fierce plastic processing industry, Yushine plans on replacing traditional high-energy systems with energy-saving solutions that ensure you save 20% ~ 40% energy and avoid the risk of overheating from the different types of blower failures.
- The compact design of dehumidifying resin dryers include everything from a dehumidifier to a loader in its overall design,
- To ensure that the moisture is eradicated from the molecular levels of the plastic resins, the dryer can reach a dew point of up to -40 (degree Celcius)
- The full-closed loading system allows the dryer to restrict the materials’ molecules from getting damp again by interacting with air.
|Model||Dimension HxWxD（mm）||Weight(KG)||Process Blower (kw)||Drying Heater(kw)||Capacity ( L )||Regeneration Blower(kw)||Regeneration Heater(kw)||Air Flow|
|Conveying Blower(kw)||Hose Size(inch)||SMH Hopper(L)||SVH Hopper (L)|
Yushine Leading Resin Dryer Manufacturer
For the past 15 years, Yushine has been an expert manufacturer and supplier of resin dryers.
We take pride in claiming ourselves as an ISO-9001 certified company that certifies our quality standards meet that of the international quality standards. Moreover, most of our products have also passed the CE certification.
We provide 18 months of warranty for all of our Resin Dryers and we ensure that if we receive any feedback, they are responded to within 24 hours to ensure your hard work and working efficiency isn’t compromised.
- All of our products have easy operating mechanisms, so we are regarded as one of the few companies with valuable developmental and designing capabilities for new machines.
- With our energy-saving mechanisms and space-saving solutions, our customers are provided with the best quality of equipments to maintain their business reputation in the industry and help them skyrocket their sales.
- We take pride in providing quick and short-time delivery that supports the efficiency levels of our customers with both our quick delivery and industry-standard quality.
- The unlimited amount of products in our stock help us satisfy your quick delivery needs.
- You can cater to your customers’ needs without any delay due to our rapid delivery services.
- Our Motto at Yushine is “Quality First, Customers First, the Credit First”
- Our products consist of stainless steel designs along with double-layered insulation mechanisms.
- They are tailor-made for your business if you wish to increase your sales in the upcoming resin drying seasons.
Resin Dryer – The Definitive FAQ Guide
A resin dryer FAQ guide is a beautiful, helpful, and easy-to-read resource for finding help with all of your resin dryers’ questions, from the most basic to the most complex.
The common questions include what resin dryer is, how to choose the suitable resin dryer, applications, specifications, maintenance requirements, precautions you need to follow, and much more.
Learn more below to uncover the incredible practical knowledge about resin dryer.
- What Do You Know About Resin Dryer?
- Why does plastic resin need to be dried before processing?
- How to choose the right type of resin dryer for you?
- What Are the Applications of Resin Dryer?
- What Are the Specifications of Resin Dryer?
- What Are the Features of Resin Dryer?
- Why Choose Yushine Resin Dryer?
- How Moisture Content Affects the Performance of Resin Dryer?
- What Are the Maintenance Requirements for Resin Dryer?
- What Is the Importance of Resin Dryer?
- Can you over dry plastic resin?
- What Precautions did You Need to Follow to Operate Your Resin Dryer?
- What Operational Parameters Affect the Efficiency of Resin Dryer?
- How portability of the resin dryer facilitates your operation?
- How does a honeycomb wheel increase effectivity of the resin dryer?
1. What Do You Know About Resin Dryer?
Resin is an organic polymer that is either solid or semi-solid. It is most commonly a synthetic or semi-synthetic chemical compound with high molecular mass and low melting points. You can use it to manufacture various plastic products.
A resin dryer is a piece of equipment you can use to completely dry or remove moisture from your resin material before subjecting them to further processing. There are two types of resin dryers, depending on the drying process. One that utilizes hot air to dry resin and the second one that uses desiccant besides hot air.
Hot air resin dryer works by using ambient air. First, it passes the ambient air through a heating device which makes the air hot. Then this heated air blew through the hopper. The hopper contains resin material. The hot air passing through the resin material takes up the excess moisture if present.
A desiccant resin dryer uses ambient air and a desiccant, which makes it more effective than a hot air dryer. It first removes the moisture by passing the air through the desiccant, which takes up any moisture if present in the air. Thus, completely dried air passes through the heating element and is forced into the resin material filled inside the hopper.
2. Why does plastic resin need to be dried before processing?
In general, plastic resins are hygroscopic. Hygroscopic means some force of attraction exists, which helps them absorb the moisture from the atmosphere. There are many reasons why plastic resin needs to be dried before processing. Some of the main reasons are as follows:
- If you do not dry your plastic resin, then the product you will make with it results in deformation or distortion.
- The finished product will lose its color if any moisture is present.
- If you don’t dry it properly, it will react with the air, making bubbles on the surface and affecting the product’s surface quality. Air bubbles are inevitable in the casting process.
- The moisture content within the plastic resin results in speedy formation or growth of bacteria and molds, ultimately leading to smell in the product.
- If the plastic resin contains moisture, it does not offer excellent resistance to abrasion.
- The excess moisture doesn’t give your plastic product a shiny finish. They have little to no shine.
- Moisture content affects the strength associated with your plastic resin. This will ultimately affect the quality of the products.
Because of the above-listed reasons, you must make sure it has zero moisture before you process your plastic resin in the plastic industry.
3. How to choose the right type of resin dryer for you?
Several things need your attention while purchasing your resin dryer. Some of the primary considerations are as follows:
The materials used in the manufacturing of resin dryer determines the durability and life associated with your resin dryer. Usually, the resin dryer is made up of stainless steel, resistant to a harsh or tough environment of moisture and excess temperature. Ensure the high-quality materials are used in your resin dryer before selecting one.
The size of the resin dryer is an important parameter that you need to consider while choosing or purchasing the one for you. The size of the resin dryer depends on your needs. What quantity of resin do you want to dry with your resin dryer. If the size is big, you can quickly dry a larger quantity and on the other hand, the smaller size will take longer in drying. The large size is good for industrial or commercial scale while the smaller size is good for small scale.
The cost of your resin dryer also plays a major in helping you decide if you can afford it or not. If your budget is low compared to your resin dryer’s cost, you cannot purchase it. Therefore, select a resin dryer that is reliable and affordable.
4. What Are the Applications of Resin Dryer?
The resin dryer, or chamber, is vital to ensure efficient and safe injection molding and extrusion. You can use it to eliminate moisture content in injected or extruded parts and reduce cycle times.
Several industries make use of resin dryers. Some of the leading sectors where you can use resin dryer are as follows:
The resin dryer is a device used in the drying process used in plastic manufacturing plants of electronics components. All electronics parts such as electrostatic discharge protection, conductive plastic tape, the plastic connectors and insulation, the contact pad on the motherboard, and other components.
Research and Development Sector:
The resin dryer has a crucial role in the research and development sector. Resin dryers assist students and facilitate them in successfully researching various materials or substrates. They can use this dryer to remove moisture from different resin materials.
The food industry uses various plastic products that you can dispose of after single use. The widely used products include plastic bags, coffee cups, straws, soda bottles, plastic stirrer, etc. Resin dryers play an essential role in drying these products in the plastic industry.
A resin dryer ensures better quality medical products, including catheters, syringes, nebulizers, speculum, respirators, drips, etc. All these products are made up of hygroscopic polymers. To ensure better quality and effectiveness, you need to remove the moisture from these materials.
5. What Are the Specifications of Resin Dryer?
The specifications are what needs your attention while choosing the perfect fit. The technical specifications of a resin dryer are listed in the table below for your reference:
|Process Blower (kw)||Drying Heater(kw)||Capacity (L)||Regeneration Blower|
|SMH Hopper(L)||SVH Hopper (L)|
6. What Are the Features of Resin Dryer?
There is a long list of features that belongs to a resin dryer. Some of the notable features of this product are as follows:
- The resin dryer comprises of compact design. The design incorporates a loader and a dehumidifier to facilitate the drying operation.
- The -400Celsius of dew point can be achieved through your resin dryer. This will ensure the proper removal of any moisture content in the resin.
- The enclosed loop-type system of loading prevents moisture either to the air or to the resin you are drying.
- Resin dryers consume a meager amount of energy, thus helping you save a lot of costs by cutting up power consumption.
- The temperature controller in your resin dryer ensures better control of moisture removal.
- The resin dryer is made of high-quality stainless steel and advanced ABS material, making it strong and durable. These features make your resin dryer last longer.
These features associated with your resin dryer help you increase your productivity.
7. Why Choose Yushine Resin Dryer?
The quality of the Yushine Resin Dryer is unmatchable. There are several reasons to choose the Yushine Resin Dryer. The main reasons are listed below:
Yushine has more than 15 years of professional experience in making and delivering high-quality resin dryers. The material Yushine uses in making resin dryer is obtained from suppliers who are well-known and referred to as brands in the market.
The warranty is one factor that makes you choose a Yushine resin dryer. Yushine provides eighteen months of warranty. This resin dryer not only increases your sales but also helps you in increasing your production speeds.
The Yushine resin dryer is affordable and reliable, and if you order from Yushine, they provide you with short delivery times, which increases your efficiency and effectiveness. You can order in quantity you want or your need. There is no order limitation on the Yushine resin dryer.
Yushine can make a resin dryer with advanced technology and design capabilities. Yushine offers you durable and resistant to various environmental conditions stainless steel resin dryer. The dryer contains a double insulated layer mechanism. These reasons make the Yushine resin dry stand out from all other resin dryer manufacturers.
8. How Moisture Content Affects the Performance of Resin Dryer?
Understanding how moisture content affects resin dryer performance is the first step toward better visualizing the concept of resin dryer. The moisture content plays a crucial role in deciding how your resin dryer will perform. If the moisture content of the resin material is too high, it will affect the performance of the resin dryer.
The high moisture content will take enough time to get removed because the heated dry air gets rapidly saturated with moisture, and the air must need to move through the resin material more than twice or thrice or even more.
If the moisture content is within a specific range, the effect will differ. Because then heated air does not need to move through the resin material too often. The drying process reaches quickly.
The higher the moisture content will lead to the extended working and load on each of the components of the resin dryer, including blower, heating element, and desiccant. If you continue drying the resin material with too much moisture content, this will lead to the shorter lifespan of your resin dryer.
9. What Are the Maintenance Requirements for Resin Dryer?
Maintenance of your resin dryer is the most important practice. If a Resin Dryer has not been adequately maintained or is in a very dirty environment, it will deteriorate faster. Some of the vital maintenance practices that you need to follow are listed below:
The return air and regeneration filters are the two filters that you need to replace periodically. This is because the ambient air has some dirt particles and foreign particles, making these filters get clogged and reducing the resin dryer’s efficiency.
If the desiccant material contains too much moisture, the air passing through will not get its water appropriately removed. Therefore, replacing the desiccant material or removing the moisture from this material as needed is necessary. This will make you operate a desiccant dryer at optimum efficiency.
Clean your resin dryer periodically to avoid accumulating dirt or debris on your equipment. Also, ensure each of the electrical components and wires is in place, find out the wires having a cut or leak and timely replace them to avoid any accidents.
Find out if the resin material releases any oil or other contaminant. If yes, you need to add a trap for the plasticizer other this will result in quick filter deterioration.
10. What Is the Importance of Resin Dryer?
You cannot ignore the importance of a resin dryer. If you want a high-quality end product that makes you stand out in the market, you must invest in a resin dryer.
You can use a resin dryer to dry several types of resins, including phenolic resin, alkyd resin, polyamide resin, polycarbonate resin, silicone resin, epoxy resin, and polyurethane, polypropylene resin, polystyrene resin, acrylic resin.
When polymers are exposed to water or moisture, they can undergo Hydrolysis. This will result in a strong chemical reaction that will break down covalent bonds, which reduces the molecular weight of the polymers. The polymer’s mechanical properties become much weaker, and it starts breaking down.
The resin dryer ensures the proper chain length of polymers. Without this resin dryer, you cannot make the desired products with high-grade quality. Therefore, you need to make sure the resin dries you choose are according to your needs and requirements.
11. Can you over dry plastic resin?
No, you cannot over dry plastic resin. The drying requirements of different plastic resins vary and depend on the chemical bonding they are equipped with. The drying time for each resin material depends on the hygroscopicity and composition of polymers.
There are several reasons why you should not over dry your plastic resin. These are listed below:
The brittleness of dry plastic resin is its inability to regain its original flexibility after deformation. When you continue the drying process for a longer time and there is less moisture present within plastic resin, this will lead to brittleness. The resin will expand or shrink during the drying process.
Loss in Surface Appearance:
If the surface appears discolored and hazy, the resin is over-dried. This phenomenon occurs under a certain drying temperature or at a significantly higher drying temperature. The surface of the finished product shows pinholes, thin lines, and other damages. This means that the resin has dehydrated to its lowest point, leaving the plastic feeling and looking rough.
You can avoid over-drying by using a moisture analyzer to determine the quantity of moisture content and then proceed with drying effectively. This will increase the material efficiency and result in optimum properties.
12. What Precautions did You Need to Follow to Operate Your Resin Dryer?
Safety always comes first, so take the time to read and follow the safety guidelines that came with your resin dryer. Whether you are a beginner or well-versed in resin making, it is always important to take extra caution using any drying machine. The main preventive measures are as follows:
When operating the dryer, you need to maintain the temperature within an optimum range. Always turn off the power when cleaning and repairing it. If you find any defective parts, please replace them with the suggestion of our factory.
The drying time of each resin material will depend on the temperature, the thickness of the item you are drying, and other conditions. Consider all these parameters before trying to assess the right drying time.
Make sure to wear protective clothing while handling resin material. The reason is that it might react with your skin and cause an allergic reaction. While placing the resin material, wear hand gloves to prevent the direct interaction of resin material with your skin.
If you have a breathing issue, wear a respirator while handling resin to avoid the intake of fumes released from resin materials. Wearing goggles is also an effective measure while operating with a resin dryer.
13. What Operational Parameters Affect the Efficiency of Resin Dryer?
Several operational parameters significantly affect the efficiency of your resin dryer. Some of the main operating parameters are as follows:
Most resin dryers require a specific temperature to operate efficiently. Therefore, temperature changes of the dryer affect the drying efficiency. If the air temperature is high, you can finish up with drying in less time and vice versa.
According to the principle of material drying theory, the performance and efficiency of the resin dryer are affected by the moisture in the resin material; that is, by taking off only water in the resin material, one can help achieve a specific goal more efficiently. If the moisture of resin material is high, it takes longer to dry the material completely than the material having less water.
It is generally recognized that the efficiency of the resin dryer is related to the air circulation in the drying chamber. However, air motion developed by the fan system will help with better air circulation. Good air circulation can make the resin dryer work well. If there is no moving air in the chamber, the resin’s operating efficiency will decrease a lot.
14. How portability of the resin dryer facilitates your operation?
The word portability reflects that you can move it anywhere you want. It comes with embedded wheels at the base of the resin dryer, which facilitates the effective movement of your resin dryer. This dryer offers you a compact design.
A portable dryer could be the right choice if you are concerned about space, labor intensity, or other issues. The mobile dryer is the most appropriate equipment for the daily production of products.
It provides an economical, elegant, and convenient choice for daily use. Resin dryers are enormous dryers that need minimum land space to install. It is suitable for applications with demand for short drying time and large-volume production.
15. How does a honeycomb wheel increase effectivity of the resin dryer?
A honeycomb desiccant wheel works by rotation. It is partly exposed to air on one side and absorbs its moisture. When this side attains maximum water, it rotates and offers the other side having less moisture. This way, it allows you to continue your drying operation without any interruption because you don’t need to change the desiccant too often because of excess moisture.
A honeycomb is made from hexagonal cells that provide thousands of tiny air channels to expose a large surface area to airflow. This design helps air circulate more swiftly and evenly to ensure efficient drying. The honeycomb wheel is the only component which make the performance of your resin dryer extra ordinary.